VTCT Level 3 Award in Asian Bridal Make-Up (QCF)
Learn how to master the cultural specificities of Asian bridal make-up, and so, be able to widen your services for wedding demands. Whether you're
a make-up enthusiast or a qualified artist wanting to discover new techniques, you'll learn and practice a range of core technical and creative
fundamental techniques which concentrate on Asian bridal make-up training.
Not only will you gain the opportunity to enhance your existing skills, but you’ll gain first-hand advice on the latest Asian bridal styles and trends in
the industry. The course will take you through achieving client’s treatment objectives while taking any cultural factors into consideration. You will also
learn how to cater for different Asian bridal looks according to the diverse ethnic backgrounds within the Asian market.
Who is Eligible for the Course?
Anyone can join this course who is interested in expanding their make-up application skill set. There are no formal prerequisite qualifications that you must have prior to undertaking this make-up training.
What You Will Learn in Asian Bridal Make-Up
- Core knowledge of make-up preparation.
- Appropriate tools and techniques for make-up application.
- Asian bridal make-up application including techniques such as colour correction, blending, highlighting, shading, etc.
- Client treatment according to skin type and characteristics.
Various Asian looks for brides of different ethnic backgrounds:
- Hindu weddings – Including registry look, Mehndi look (Henna Ceremony), Vivah wedding, and Doli (The bride leaving with her groom).
- Sikh weddings – Including registry look, Mehndi look (Henna Ceremony), Vivah wedding, and Doli (The bride leaving with her groom).
- Islamic weddings – Including registry look, Mehndi look (Henna Ceremony), Nikah (wedding), and Walima (happens after the Nikah).
Course Structure Practical
The Asian bridal make-up course is a hands-on 2-day course with practical assessments, course completion, and portfolio building over a further 1-2 days. In order to pass the qualification, you must succeed at all practical assessments as assigned by your assessor and complete a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate course understanding.
Upon successful completion of the Asian Bridal Make Up certification you will receive a fully recognised NVQ qualification in accordance with the awarding body VTCT.
The qualification is approved and supported by the Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA), the standard setting body for the hair, beauty, nails and spa industry.
Your Next Step with This Certificate:
On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study.
Other courses you may want to consider include:
Alternatively, you may wish to seek employment or self-employment as:
- An Asian bridal make-up artist
- A make-up consultant in the retail sector
Asian Bridal Makeup